Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome!


I'm so excited to be starting this blog! I named my blog Terri's Release because I can so relate to how so many people say they feel trapped in their bodies & I am ready to be released! It is a major milestone in my life. After so much "drama" in my life lately I have finally started to take control in every aspect & it's way past due! I am preparing now to have weight loss surgery, the Duodenal Switch procedure. Meet my Dr. & read more about the surgery HERE. Some people say it's a drastic move, but I have a LOT of weight to lose & simply can't do it on my own. The thought is too enormous for me & I need help, so this is what I have chosen after months of prayer & weighing the pros & cons. I realize I need to re-learn how to eat and this procedure will help me do it. Of course, this blog will only represent my feelings & experiences & is not to be taken out of context. I welcome your support & ask for no negative remarks to be left here, as I will need to remain as positive thinking as possible to be successful with this. So....here I go....keep me in your prayers! I will post my surgery date SOON...or at least I hope it's soon! I'll begin adding pics, too, altho I dread that part! LOL

6 comments:

  1. Terri,
    I am so proud of you!! Proud of your strength. After a traumatic and drama filled year and a 1/2, you have put your life and faith in the Lord's hands and are coming out on top. With God ALL things are possible. Taking control of every aspect of your life is not always easy, in fact scary, especially when you have never put you first and always lived for the happiness of others. God has you in His hands and you know you are safe there. I will continue to pray for you and support you in any direction you choose!!

    Blessings and Love My Sweet, kind hearted and very giving Friend!!

    LORi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, I wish you nothing but success in your weight loss journey. You are to be commended for the positive approach you are taking, and I hope it all goes well for you. I am not exactly sure what the 'switch' is, but I know a lot of people have had success with gastric stapling and bands etc. There is something new here in Australia ... just on the news this week ... where they insert a small balloon down through your mouth into your stomach, inflate the balloon, and then fill it with saline. It stays in place for 6 months. You cannot have the surgery unless you sign a contract to follow a good eating and exercise program. It is to teach you good eating habits. And you do not have to be extremely overweight to have it done.
    It sounds good.
    Anyway, I hope you do well, and will look forward to seeing the new you as you go along your journey. Do NOT be afraid of posting photos of yourself. You are to be admired for the step you are taking, and will be an inspiration to many.
    p.s. Your family are gorgeous. (Pink hair and all, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been wanting to do this for a long time so I'm proud of you for finally making the decision. I was a little nervous at first but after doing some research on it you have definitely picked the best operation. And seriously don't be afraid of posting your pictures! Everybody already loves you just the way you are and posting pictures will just show everyone how much progress you will have made! ... and for the record I don't have pink hair anymore lol even though it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, the pink hair was kinda cute!! hehe And thanks ladies for the support! Just want to get it started already!! Why are they taking so long???

    ReplyDelete
  5. any word yet on when you get to go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna call tomorrow.....I'll bug 'em to death but I want this behind me!!!

    ReplyDelete